- Gently shake the bottle to mix flattening agents.
- Open jar and brush on thin coat.
- Apply in ONE direction – do not apply back and forth.
- Duro-shield is best applied with a paint brush.
- Allow to dry completely and apply a second coat for extra protection and sheen.
When using LACK LUSTER we recommend an alternative application method, especially over dark surfaces or where brush strokes would be undesirable, we recommend:
- Dampen a sponge and dip sponge into Lack Luster.
- Wipe sponge over the surface of the piece following the grain lines. This will help prevent drips, uneven build up, or the haze that flat top coats might leave behind when using a brush to apply.
- Apply a second coat if desired allowing complete dry time between the coats.
We do recommend at least one coat of a Luster top coat over every piece for added durability. It’s easy to apply, dries quickly, and adds protection to the piece you just created. Unlike wax, Luster is permanent with no need to reapply every few months for continued protection.
If you choose to repaint your piece at any time, you may simply scuff the surface with sandpaper, clean, and repaint.
You cannot paint over a waxed piece without first stripping and sometimes also sanding the wax off first.